Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Creamy Pesto Sauce

I pinned this recipe from All Recipes one of my favorite sites to get recipes from.  The recipe turned out fantastic and I didn't even follow the instructions to the "T".  Which if you know me at all you know that I don't read directions well.

I have made this 2 times since posting it 4 weeks ago, if that tells you how good it is.  The second time I made it I used sun dried tomato pesto, which I prefer.

Here was what I did differently, in case you want to try it:
My first comments from Pinterest:
I used 3/4 cup heavy cream and 1 and 1/4 cup 1%milk. Used thin spaghetti noodles. Grated fresh asagio cheese. And didn't use mushrooms, shrimp or fresh tomatoes. I did however put in a can of Ro-Tel which made it PERFECT! Just enough kick to be noticeable but not overpowering.  My picky eaters LOVED this, which is a relief!


The second time I made it:
 this time left out the onions, used pene rigate noodles and used sun dried tomato pesto. WHOA.SO.GOOD.

1 comment: